Residential Fire Safety
Don't Get Burnt!
- Exit the building immediately!
- Go to your assembly point outside the building
Know Where to Go
Residence Hall Assembly Points
- Ingram Commons--Commons Center
- Towers East--Undergraduate Admissions and Financial Aid Office on Alumni Lawn
- Towers West--parking lot in front of Towers West
- Branscomb--across Vanderbilt Place and inside the University Club parking lot
- Blakemore--VUPD parking lot
- Morgan/Mayfield--parking lot across from Morgan house near the rec center
- Chaffin/Lewis--parking lot next to 25th Avenue garage across from the VA
Fire Safety Tips
You can help prevent residence hall fires
- Never leave cooking food unattended.
- Keep all flammable items a safe distance from cooking appliances.
CANDLES and COOKING are the leading causes of fire injuries on college campuses!
IF YOU HAVE CONSUMED ALCOHOL
- You may sleep through a fire alarm.
- You may not be able to find the building exit.
- You may be less safety conscious.
ALCOHOL is involved with more than 50 percent of all fire fatalities.
Fire safety is everyone's business--including yours